“Tonight, turn your weapons to the Capitol” are the chill-inducing words that sum up the thrilling first look at the final Hunger Games.
The world is half excited, half exhausted after waiting so long for Mockingjay – Part 2, which is slated for a November 20 release later this year. Luckily, this new trailer has quenched our thirst…for now.
I saw Mockingjay – Part 1 on a plane a while back and found it underwhelming, but there are a few reasons I think the last movie in the series will really deliver:
1. Movies like this always have major battles, big finales, great effects, and a resolution.
2. Romance. In the short trailer, we can see Finnick and Annie’s wedding, the return of Peeta (that awkward hug!), and hunky Gale always somewhere in the background. Who will end up with who!
3. The citizens of Panem storming the streets of the Capitol is an awesome play on the annual Hunger Games parade. That CGI. Those drums. Chills.
4. The black sludge and general chaos of urban warfare. This isn’t your average kid’s film.
5. Natalie Dormer. Period.
6. BRIENNE OF TARTH. DON’T THINK WE DIDN’T SEE YOU IN THERE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
If done well, this movie has all the right ingredients for a success. And even if it’s not a great movie, it’s going to kill at the box office anyway.
What are you most excited for in the new Hunger Games trailer? Will the rebellion be successful, or will Katniss and her friends fall victim to the ruthless President Snow? Guess I’ll have to find out in November…or finally finish the book.
What is Brienne of Tarth doing in the new “Hunger Games” trailer???