It’s Friday, and your brain is probably tired after a hard week of work. But that’s no excuse for QVC host Shawn Killinger and designer Isaac Mizrahi, who are gaining attention this week as a video of them arguing about whether or not the Moon is a planet or a star goes viral.
Spoiler alert: it’s a moon.
The host and designer were commenting on the lovely hues of assorted mom clothes during a recording for the home-shopping network when Killinger remarked, “It almost kind of looks like what the Earth looks like when you’re a bazillion miles away from the planet Moon.” (It’s roughly 238,900 miles away.)
But the stupidity was only just the beginning. The two then proceeded to get into a cat fight about the official scientific status of the Moon, with Killinger purporting that the Moon is a star while Mizrahi vehemently protests that it is a planet. They’re not even sure what the Sun is! In the video above, the fun starts around 7:20.
To clarify, the Moon is a moon more scientifically called a natural satellite. In our Solar System, there are 173 known natural satellites orbiting the planets.
In order to bask in the idiocy that is this argument, we’d like to present the 10 most moronic quotes from the Great QVC Moon Debate:
10. Shawn “I believe [the Moon’s] a star… or something.”
9. Isaac “What else is [the Moon] if it’s not a planet?”
8. Shawn “The Sun is a star [….] Is the Sun not a star?” Issac “We don’t know what the Sun is.”
7. Shawn “I do, I use Google all the time. I feel bad. I feel bad for Yahoo ’cause they’re really good, too. I just don’t use them.”
6. Isaac “I don’t know what it is besides what is it, a baseball? Or something? What is it, cheese? Come on; it’s a planet!”
5. Shawn “Didn’t you do that thing in grade school where you had to name the planets, and there was Uranus and there was Saturn and the one with the rings and then the Earth the Moon is never there, dude. It’s not a planet.”
4. Shawn “I feel like sometimes, though I am educated, I expose during the show that this blonde [hair] of mine might be real.”
3. Isaac “The Moon is such a planet I can’t even stand it.”
2. Isaac “Things live on it, that means it’s a planet.”
1. Shawn “The Moon is a natural satellite? What’s that mean? Is that what Google said? I don’t like that at all; I don’t even know what that means.”
And that’s why they’re on QVC, folks!
You are guaranteed to feel a lot better about yourself after watching this video…