With Game of Thrones Season 5 right around the corner, it’s only normal to need a refresher. After all, a whole lot happened in Season 4, and you may have forgotten who’s alive, who’s dead, and who’s lost somewhere in and around Westeros.
Too busy to binge-watch earlier episodes (for the umpteenth time)? Have no fear, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots are here. And from the streets of Flea Bottom to the studios of Rockefeller Center, they’ve got a rap that will bring you up to date with all your Game of Thrones highlights and a tight beat to boot.
This rap really cracked us up, so we’ve brought you the five best lyrics from it (as best as we could understand). Remember, these are major SPOILER ALERTS so don’t read or watch unless you want to know how Daenerys dies! Just kidding.
Best Lyrics from The Roots’ Game of Thrones Rap
5. Sansa wound up skipping town/ Arya went after her with the Hound, yea (That’s certainly one way to put it)
4. Daenerys was stressin’ from learning the lesson without any scholarship/ She wishes that she could be ruler without them and with all them politics (sick rhythm here)
3. They tryna investigate if/ Dragons should be domesticated (let them out of the impromptu Dragon Pit this instant, Dany)
2. A White Walker done touched the baby (Yes. Just yes.)
1. Tyrion went to the john and then took the life of his father there (Years of inferiority and emotional abuse down the toilet… literally)
Watch the video below, and remember Game of Thrones Season 5 premieres on April 12!
And while we’re on the subject…
Fire and Blood… and spoilers. This “Game of Thrones” rap from Jimmy Fallon will get you all caught up for Season 5!